Wild Branch Mushrooms is based on a certified organic family farm (Wild Branch Valley Farm), located in the Wild Branch river valley in northern Vermont. Our farm is a budding example of a diversified, self-sufficient and sustainable farm. Our 240 acres consists of open fields, forests and many riparian areas. Our mission:
- To produce exceptional medicinal and culinary mushrooms for the fresh and dried markets.
- To integrate the art and science of mushroom growing into all facets of a working farm.
- To share our knowledge with other farmers and gardeners and help them diversify.
- To provide spawn of the highest vitality that has been successfully tested in grow rooms and naturalized for outdoor growing in harsh northern environments.
- To educate people in the current science of medicinal mushrooms and their history of medical use. Particularly Chaga (Inonotus obliquus) and Turkey Tails (Trametes versicolor, AKA Coriolus versicolor)